TIPS FROM JCP&L
Exhaust from backup generators, both portable and stationary, contains a high level of carbon monoxide (CO) gas, which can be dangerous or even fatal if inhaled.
- Read and follow the operator's manual closely before operating your generator.
- Locate the generator outside of your home and far away from windows, doors and vents.NEVER LOCATE A GENERATOR INSIDE YOUR HOME.
- Direct exhaust away from windows, doors and vents.
- Do not operate a generator in partially enclosed spaces, even if using fans or opening doors and windows for ventilation.
- Install CO detectors/alarms throughout your home to ensure you are aware of the presence of CO gas. You cannot see, smell or taste CO.
ANNOUNCEMENT FROM PSE&G: Public Service Electric & Gas Company (PSE&G) owns the electrical transmission right-of-way located adjacent to some properties. The electric transmission lines on this right-of-way are essential for PSE&G to meet its committement to provide safe, proper and adequate electric service to consumers throughout New Jersey. Maintaining proper tree clearance from power lines is absolutely necessary.
The number and size of overgrown trees and other vegitation on the right-of-way adjacent to certain properties now requires mainteance of the right-of-way. Nelson Tree Service Inc, a private contractor working for PSE&G will remove all trees that have the ability to mature over 3 feet in height in the wire zone (land located directly under the widest portion of the transmission line condutors). Vegetation in the wire zone will be managed to promote grasses and low-growing plant community to obrain a meadow effect where possible. In the border zone (land from the edge of the transmission line wire zone to the outer boundary of the right-of-way), where clearance permits, PSE&G may allow compatible vegitation, which should generally not exceed 15 feet at maturity. PSE&G will also side trim all tree branches originating from outside the right-of-way that hang over or cross onto PSE&G's property along the transmission of the right-of-way.
Any questions or concerns should be directed to Larry Porch, Nelson Tree Service, at 732-496-5931 during the day. Or you may contact PSE&G Transmission Vegetation Management Department at 732-289-5292.