About Washington Township
A municipality in Morris County, New Jersey
- 10th safest municipality in NJ*
- 24th safest municipality in the US*
- Fifth lowest average municipal property tax in Morris County**
- Third lowest municipal property taxes per capita**
- The average municipal property tax increase has been under 1.6% for 4 years in a row.
- Almost 5,000 acres of preserved farmland, most of any Morris County municipality
- Over 800 acres of open space has been preserved by the municipality
- Over 400 acres of beautiful state, county and municipal parkland with athletic fields, tennis and basketball courts, ponds, a lake, streams and pavilions.
- Over 20 miles of trails, including parts of Morris County's Columbia Trail and Patriot's Path. Many trails are open to bicyles, horse riding and dog walking. There are mountain biking trails in the Township's Cataract Park and nearby Stephens State Park.
- Overall, Washington Township received an A grade on niche.com