Washington Township Confirms Fourth Case of COVID-19
March 23, 2020
Washington Township confirms fourth Case of COVID-19
The Washington Township Health Department, in conjunction with the New Jersey Department of Health, has confirmed an additional one (1) case of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Washington Township. As of today this is the forth case within Washington Township. The individual is in isolation, and Washington Township Health Department is following all appropriate NJ Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control protocols in conducting an efficient and comprehensive follow up. Washington Township Health Department is identifying close contacts of this case to determine the need for self-monitoring.
The Washington Township Health Department reminds all residents to abide by the Washington Township Office of Emergency Management State of Local Emergency and the Governor’s State of Emergency and Executive Orders and to take the following simple precautions to protect themselves and others from respiratory illness:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Limit close contact with individuals who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid handshakes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, using manufacturer’s directions.
Residents showing symptoms of COVID-19 must contact their healthcare provider. Symptoms include fever of 100.4F and above, cough and shortness of breath. For additional information on COVID-19 resources, visit the sites below. You can also call the NJ COVID-19 Hotline by dialing 211.
For more COVID-19 info visit:
NJ Department of Health:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
NJPIES Call Center:
1-800-222-1222 or 1-800-962-1253 (non-NJ cell phones)