Green Festival Registration Open
Online registration for the Green Festival is now open. The Fireworks and Green Festival will be held August 21, 2021 with a rain date of August 22.
The guidelines (click for pdf) for exhibitors are as follows:
Thank you for your interest in joining us at this year’s festival. The Washington Township Green Team and Long Valley Fire Company have once again partnered together to organize a fun filled afternoon showcasing local sustainable businesses and environmental-minded township organizations, which will be capped off with a lively fireworks display as one last hurrah of the summer!
We are working to demonstrate the best possible green practices in this event, and we appreciate your efforts to help us in that endeavor. Please adhere to the following guidelines to ensure this year’s event is a success!
The established policies of the Washington Township Board of Education and the Long Valley Middle School will remain in effect during the event, no dogs, smoking, alcohol, glass containers, golf carts, or motorized vehicles on the grass.
(Frequently Asked Questions)
Is it OK for my family to bring a picnic to the event? Food will be available for purchase at the festival, but you are also permitted to bring your own outside food as well. If you choose to bring your own food from home please keep the environment in mind and bring along re-usable containers and utensils. Please remember, no glass containers are allowed at the event. Lawn chairs & beach blankets are welcome and encouraged!
Can I bring my dog? Please leave your dog at home during the festival.
Where shall we park? Signs and parking attendants will designate parking areas for vendors and visitors.
What toilet facilities are there? Portable restroom facilities, including handicap, will be available.
Will admission be charged? Admission will be $7 per vehicle for the Fireworks, Live Music, and Green Festival. Each vendor is permitted one free vehicle. Walk-ups will be charged $3. All proceeds benefit the Long Valley Fire Company 1
What is the advantage of carpooling to the event? Save money, save gas, and help save the planet!
Will the festival events be photographed? Photographs or videos may be taken at the festival, including the exhibits, for festival publicity purposes in print or online. No names will be included with the photos/videos taken by the festival organizers. Press photography may be taken outside this policy. If you do not wish for photos/videos of you, your child, or your teen to be taken, please alert the staff member running the event before the start of each program.
● Exhibit spaces are standard 10’ x 10’ tent size, in the grass field behind the tennis courts.
● All exhibitors must register online in advance of the registration deadline and submit a certificate of insurance or hold-harmless agreement. Day of registrations will not be admitted.
● Exhibitors at this year’s event will be asked to refrain from selling physical items at their booths. However, please feel free to promote/ advertise your products and services freely with event attendees and hand out your business cards for future sales!
● Exhibitors must provide their own tents, tables, and chairs. (Please do not bring any balloons, or plastic give-a-ways) Any promotional material that is offered should keep sustainability and the environment in mind!
● Set up begins at 5:00pm on event date. The event will officially begin at 6pm, please be ready by this time.
● Tear down will be from 8:30 – 8:45 pm. Boxes and garbage must be removed from the field.
● Fireworks will begin around 8:45-9:00 pm. If you do not wish to break down your setup and remove your vehicle before the fireworks commence, you will be asked to remain in the field until the fireworks are over.
● There are no electric hook-ups for exhibits. Please no generators at the exhibits.
How do I register my exhibit? Complete the application form online and submit either a certificate of insurance letter or hold harmless agreement to Green Festival, Washington Township, 43 Schooley’s Mountain Road, Long Valley, NJ 07853. Vendors must provide a Certificate of Insurance with a $500,000 combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage per occurrence and in the aggregate naming the Township of Washington as additional insured. Non-profits and individuals may complete and return the Green Festival Hold Harmless 2021 form in lieu of the Certificate of Insurance.
Can I share a space with a friend or another organization? You may share a booth with one other exhibitor if you so desire, simply let us know when you sign up so we can be sure to assign your exhibit space accordingly!
What is the latest date I can sign up? All applications for exhibitors are needed by August 20, 2021 at the absolute latest. Please remember that there will be no walk-in registrations allowed!
Do I have to provide my own tent? Can I just bring a table? Exhibit space will be defined by your tent and/or table, which must fit in a 10’ x 10’ space. You must provide at least a tent or a table, and signage, in order to qualify as an exhibit. Please also keep the environment in mind when choosing hand-outs or give-a-ways to the public.
Is there a rain date? The rain date is currently Sunday, August 22, 2021.
Where can I get flyers to help publicize the event? A Flyer will be available on www.wtmorris.org.