The Traffic Bureau of the Police Department coordinates many activities dealing with roadways and motor vehicle traffic in Washington Township.
- Coordinating the deployment of the Speed Limit Sign.
- Working with the public on roadway safety related concerns.
- Advises on the proper location of fences, walls and other structures requested to be built near the roadway.
- Determining the need for additional enforcement activities in problematic traffic violation areas.
- Reviews and approves all accident reports submitted by patrol.
The Traffic Bureau also has these responsibilities:
- Coordinates traffic control plans for roadway construction projects.
- Assists Patrol Officers with severe, fatal and complex motor vehicle crash investigations. Traffic officers have received extensive training on motor vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle crash investigation and reconstruction.
- Reviews the need for additional or revised traffic control signs and regulations.
- Examines traffic flow patterns and conducts speed and volume studies on township roadways and intersections.
- Coordinates the maintenance of traffic lights and additional enforcement related police equipment.